Monday, October 26, 2009

Ava made some new friends!

I've been dying to get this on film for days. I just wish you could see her face better. As many of you know, we've been waiting on the dresser in this picture for months. Up until it arrived, we had no actual changing table. So several days ago I laid Ava on the changing pad for the first time, and she discovered the fairies. She's been smitten ever since. From the second I lay her down she coos, smiles, stares and "talks" to them, and so far seems oblivious to the fact that they don't talk back. Keep your fingers crossed that it stays that way - if Ava decides she's mad at those fairies, diaper and clothing changes are not going to be fun for Mom and Dad.

Speaking of clothing changes, I'm a little behind on the laundry. This left me changing Ava into an outfit this morning that has all the simplicity of a Rubik's Cube. About 40 snaps and lots of whining (me, not her) later I finally had her wrestled into the silly thing, only to realize she had managed to pee all the way up the back. I have no idea how she did it, but I must admit I was a little impressed.


We're still waiting on Ava to sleep through the night. The doctor says it'll happen when she hits 12lbs. She was 10lbs 15oz at her last appointment. We've decided to start adding puréed Halloween candy to her bottles until she fattens up. Ok, so not really, but when the whole family is awake at 2 in the morning the idea gets tossed out there. Thank goodness for caffeine.

No comments:

Post a Comment