Thursday, November 19, 2009

Too much assembly required.

I came to a rather unpleasant realization today: Children's toys that require assembly were invented by sadists who hated their parents. But, after several pinched fingers and a bunch of words I'm glad Ava is too young to repeat, the Baby Einstein Discover and Play Activity Center joined the toy arsenal that used to be our living room. And I have to admit it looked really fun! I grabbed the camera, scooped up Ava, and lowered her in. I had to prop her up with a blanket so she wouldn't take a nosedive into the dinosaur hand-puppet, and her feet don't touch the bottom yet, but she's fascinated by all the colors and sounds. I think she looks smarter already.

My second title choice for this post was "Sleep Schedules are for Chumps". In fact, I'm pretty sure that will be Ava's first full sentence. In a typical day she takes a few 20 minute "power naps", falls asleep at 4 or 5 in the afternoon, then wakes up ravenous and ready to hang out at 3am. At least she usually goes back to sleep for a couple of hours after a snack and some cuddling.

Remember when the doctor told us that she'd sleep through the night when she hit 12lbs? I'm thinking of suing him for malpractice. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment