Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Her college years are going to be very interesting.

I say this because apparently I'll be sleeping on the floor of her dorm room. Yes folks, its confession time again....

Ava slept in her own room for the first time a couple of nights ago! Yay, Ava! And yup, I slept on her floor. 3 nights straight. I'd love to say it was because she was having separation anxiety, but I'd be lying. Mommy just wasn't quite ready to let go. I'll pause here while you finish laughing at me. Done? Ok. Moving on.

I really do love this age. Almost every day there's a new first to be celebrated. Today, it was Ava's first meal in her big-girl high chair. We've been feeding her in the Bumbo (the blue, spongy little chair, for those who weren't sure) until now, but her fascination with her feet and proximity to them in there made meals kind of a challenge. I thought putting a tray on it would help, but she just wound up face down on the tray with her foot in her hand. The high chair keeps the tootsies out of reach.

One of Ava's favorite new activities is making funny sounds with her mouth. Adorable? You betcha. Funny? That too. But she likes to do it while she's eating. Check out this video to see what I'm talking about. Remember my advice about wearing old clothes?

The children's museum in Denver has an infant's section, so some other moms and I took our little ones to check it out. There were lots of soft places to roll around on, mobiles to play with, and a tiny bridge to help them practice standing. The kids were so cute checking everything out. And you've never seen anything quite as funny as a bunch of moms in a small space trying to figure out which baby "doesn't smell right". Fortunately it wasn't any of our babies - the poop smell took off with someone else's kid.





I'm going to try to sleep in my own bed tonight. Care to place any bets on whether I'll succeed? You should - there could be big money in it.

1 comment:

  1. It is nice to see that Ava is in her own bed. What a big girl! Now, if we could get Jen to do the same!!! ;)

    Joel

    ReplyDelete