Friday, May 21, 2010

Um, only when we put her down.

As you may know, I've been training for a triathlon. (And in answer to the question no doubt running through your head right now, yes, I probably am crazy.) I needed a place to swim, so I joined a gym with a terrific child care facility and Ava and I go there a couple of times a week. The title of this post is the answer I got when I asked one of the ladies in the day care if Ava had cried at all while I was swimming. I think our girl may be a tad spoiled. :) I don't have a picture to illustrate this point, so rather than post nothing, here's a random picture of Ava eating my camera case. Which, by the way, is the closest thing to solid food she's shown any interest in.


Ava was invited to her friend Johnny's 2nd birthday party last weekend, and she was kind enough to let her dad and I tag along. She wasn't big enough yet for the bounce house, but she did enjoy hanging out in the living room playing with some of the other kiddos. One of the dads decided we had a major photo op on our hands, so we lined 'em up and tried to get them all to smile at the same time. Any parent who's ever tried this knows that getting 3 small children to simultaneously smile is like trying to catch wind in your hand: impossible. Nevertheless, the results were pretty darn cute.
I just wish someone had gotten video footage of a room full of parents jumping around like circus clowns trying to make those babies laugh. Watching that later with a few cocktails would have been entertaining.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. That is too funny! Her smiles are so cute! Can't wait to see you in July.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! :) She's such a big girl! I can't wait to see her again SOON!

    ReplyDelete