Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Beauty of Summer

I love summer. Always have. Days spent splashing in swimming pools and oceans, warm evenings on the porch with friends and an ice cold beer, and the freedom your toes feel when they're finally allowed to flaunt their pedicures in sandals. Pure bliss. And to my delight it looks like Ava is going to share that love. Walks outside in her stroller (even when I put her in silly, oversized hats) thrill her...

Although I'm pretty sure she's going to be asking to dress herself as soon as she learns to talk. :)

You've already seen how happy swing sets make her...


And her first taste of outdoor swimming was a huge hit. She looked a little suspicious when I first started trying to stuff her into her new floaty, but the minute her feet made it through the leg holes and hit the water, she was hooked. Andy and I spent 20 minutes just pushing her back and forth to each other while she kicked her sweet little legs and giggled. I think we found a new favorite way to spend a Saturday.

Happy Summer, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment