Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Holidays are awesome! Tummy troubles stink.

Our girl is under the weather. We've had our flu shots, and the first colds of the season have come and gone, so I thought we were out of the woods for a while when, out of nowhere, a stomach bug showed up and bit us. Unfortunately, Ava got the worst of it. Poor bunny. Don't you just want to kiss those little cheeks?

On a happier note, Grandma Sally and Grandpa Mac were here to visit for Thanksgiving, and once again, I was afraid Ava was going to try to leave with them. She spent the long weekend being smothered in kisses, cuddled, read to, and unabashedly adored. And being a little sick didn't stop her from enjoying every minute of it. So cute.



As a treat for the whole family, we made an attempt to visit Santa. Being the naive mom that I am, I had visions of my daughter happily rushing up to meet the big guy, smiling widely for the cameras, as Andy and I looked on, proud grins on our faces. What actually happened was, well, the complete opposite of that. She took one look at the bearded offender, and screamed like we had just introduced her to one of those creepy flying monkeys from the Wizard of Oz. Putting her in his lap turned out to be a big mistake, and we left without a single picture. I'm pretty sure we did however, set Ava up for a few hours of therapy at some point in the future. We came home and took a few pictures in her rocking chair instead.


Please don't send anything Santa-related to Ava for Christmas. I'd hate to trigger flashbacks.

Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment