Monday, May 30, 2011

The Grocery Store Blues

Ava hates sitting in a shopping cart.  Apparently, its the equivalent of forcing me to sit through a televised football game without a magazine, or access to the internet. Pure torture.  The minute I attempt to swing her feet into the little holes where her legs should go, an epic tantrum begins, and the screaming only subsides if I can quickly locate the one item in the store entertaining enough to distract her from her misery.  I've gotten pretty good at not only finding said item, but at stealthily swiping it from her while she flirts with the checkout attendant. I walk out thinking, "Voila!  Another job well done."  

And just when my arm starts to get sore from all the patting myself on the back, my girl decides to prove to me that I'm not as smart as I think I am.  Prior to a recent trip to Wal-Mart, I had yet to choose a distraction that Ava couldn't live without.  Enter, the Talking Baby Doll.  It cooed, giggled, and "Mama"d its way right into her heart, and my attempt to put Baby back on the shelf was met with heartache I just wasn't prepared for.  I caved.  The connection was so complete that it was hours before Ava would even let me take New Baby out of the box. 



If this keeps up we're going to need a bigger house.

Safety First


Enough said.

Summer in Denver
Summer's here, and that means time outdoors with friends.  Ava and Brady recently took advantage of some gorgeous weather and spent a morning at the botanic gardens.  Have I said before that I love this town?



They were both soaked from head to toe by the time we left, but what's a dry kid compared to a happy one?  No contest.

Grandma and Grandpa Lundstrom were just here for a long weekend, so stay tuned for some fab new pictures and stories.  Happy Summer, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment