Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Is "autumn" a color? If so, I think it's mine.

Fall is in the air.  The temperatures are dropping, the sweaters and boots have come out of hibernation, and recipes for hearty soups and stews that have been laying in wait all summer have found their way into the cast iron pot once more.  I do love summer, but there's something about changing leaves and the need for a warm pair of socks when you get out of bed in the morning that I find exhilarating. 

And what better way to kick off the season than a trip to a local pumpkin patch?

"I like this one!"

The look on her face in this one cracks me up.
 
They also inexplicably had a bunch of hula hoops lying on the ground.  Score!!

Ava and Brady liked the giant climbing-pumpkins.

We walked away with two fabulous pumpkins.  We haven't done the carving yet, but I have a feeling Ava's recent obsession with Mickey Mouse is going to factor into the design plan. 

A few days later Ava helped us put the jack-o-lantern lights along the front path.  And by "helped", I mean "stuffed the heads full of leaves". 




Ok, so I'm not sure if autumn is my color, but it is definitely Ava's.

No comments:

Post a Comment