Tuesday, February 28, 2012

"Come on Baby, let's read."

I'm not always fortunate enough to have a camera nearby when something wonderful happens.  Sometimes those moments happen so quickly that I'm forced to imprint them on my mind, hoping that down the road I'll somehow be able to recall that instant exactly as it was.  Today I got lucky.

As Ava and I lounged on her new "Big Girl Bed", she pulled Baby close, picked up a book and said, "Come on Baby, let's read."  She read each book softly, stopping here and there to offer a kiss or a snuggle.  As I snapped away, all I could think was I'm so glad I'm here to see this.




*****************
We have a new favorite game in the Lundstrom house.  You might know it as "Hide-and-Seek"; around these parts it's called "Find-The-Mama/Daddy".  Here's how it goes down:  First, Ava begins to count; she usually stops anywhere between 10 and 14.  You have no way of actually knowing when the counting will end, but you know that it will start while Ava's eyes are open and looking right at you.  This typically leaves whoever is hiding about 4 seconds to run and dive behind whatever happens to be out of her line of sight.  You know the game is over when she forgets to look for you.

Come on, you know you want to play too.

1 comment: