Sunday, October 27, 2013

The Apple That Fell From Our Tree

I race for my girls.  I do it to show them what it means to work hard for something and accomplish it, even if you aren't the best; to teach them to take care of their bodies; to impart the spirit of healthy competition.  When peer pressure rears its ugly head a few short years from now, I want them to have something that will make them feel strong and capable.  I think racing can do all of that.  So I've been waiting with baited breath for Ava to be old enough to cross her first finish line, and today was the day. She lined up at the start of the Halloween Hustle in her witch costume, waited for the gun, and......





Daddy was waiting for her at the finish line.
She and I finished the race hand in hand, and I couldn't have been more proud of my girl.   Way to go, Little Apple! 

2 comments:

  1. Aww! Does Ava have any words of wisdom for running in costume that we might benefit from? Heart is melting over that Ava/Daddy pic! Nice!

    ReplyDelete