Monday, July 28, 2014

Back in the swing of things.

With everything that's happened this summer this blog has fallen off the radar a bit.  But rest assured, we've been as busy as ever.  Case in point...

Last Saturday we joined a few friends for a day at Heritage Square.  In case you may have forgotten, it's a fabulous miniature amusement part tucked right into the foothills.  Plenty of rides fit for both our girls, along with some halfway decent food made for a pretty nice afternoon.

This next picture is of what is about to be the fastest amusement park attraction Ava's ever been on.  I'm not sure who was more nervous - her or me - but Ollie and Brady were ready to ride, and Ava was not about to be left out. 


I shouldn't have worried.


This thing spun in both directions at what looked to me like a nauseating speed; the kids thought it was awesome.


Lila wasn't thrilled with the spinning rides, but was pretty happy on the whirly-bus.  I only have a picture from the inside so you'll just have to use your imagination about what it actually looked like.


And then we had what I consider a monumental first: Baby's First Pony Ride. Kids and animals can be a pretty unpredictable pairing, so I had no idea what the result of a Lila/Pony combo would be.  Again, all my fears were unfounded.  Little Sister was a natural.



Big Sister, of course, thought it was pretty cool too.


I have lots more to catch up on, but I think this was a pretty good start.  More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment