Sunday, February 28, 2010

Grandma, come baaaaaack!!!

There really is no one else on earth like a Grandma. They cuddle you when you're sad, only feed you things that you think are yummy, and will do just about anything to see you smile. They don't even care when you throw up on them! Although I'm guessing Grandma Sally will pack fewer black items of clothing next time she visits. (Mom, Ava says to tell you she's sorry about those pants.)

Grandma was here for a whole week, and she and Ava had a ball. They played with every toy in the house...
Sent out a few prank emails. (Think you got one? We'll never tell.)
And had some deep, therapeutic conversations. ("Ava, how do you really feel about peas?")

Grandma was a cleaning machine while she was here, but we had to slow her down when she mistook Ava for some laundry. Don't worry, we stopped her before any folding happened.

She also became president of the "Teach Ava to Crawl" campaign, but was impeached when she didn't have any more luck than we did. We're currently accepting nominations for her replacement.

Thanks for everything, Grandma! We love you and can't wait to see you and Grandpa in April!

3 comments:

  1. Awww! How sweet!

    1) I love the ball machine-princess style! That is a favorite of every baby I know, but I have never seen it pink and purple cute!

    2) You know, Johnny did the army crawl at 4 months and then never learned to crawl until he walked. I have a great toy that helps the with crawling to lend to you. My best advice to just crawl around A LOT yourself ha ha. I wish Johnny had crawled because it is a really important developmental piece of kiddos.

    3)Which of her many boyfriends is Ava emailing?

    4) She gets prettier with every single post

    5) Avas boyfriend Johnny likes to climb into the basket with a snack, drink and blanket and sing YOU ARE MY SUNSHINE--he must be singing it to AVA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet endearing post! I found your blog from Juliana's. I love reading hers, but the comment lists are (unfortunately for me, fortunately for her) tooooooo long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is growing up so fast. I love the ball popper :) Hope she likes it as much as my kids did! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete