Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Once again, better late than never.

I know it's been a few weeks, but I wanted to make sure I finished up the Easter post.  Cuz Baby Girl dyed some serious Easter eggs, and nobody should have to miss that.

My instructions were minimal: Take the egg, and put it gently into the color you want.  When you're ready, take the egg out and place it - gently - into the bowl.  This was loosely translated to: Hold the egg 3 to 4 inches above the cup, then drop.  Turns out my way didn't hold a candle to hers.

Each egg was dipped by hand in color after color until the desired hue was achieved, then placed with satisfaction into the bowl.  Miraculously, they would up with relatively few cracks, and were arguably the most beautiful Easter eggs either of us had ever seen. 



Her hands were still green the next day.  Totally worth it.
I think we should find something to dye for every holiday.

Happy (belated) Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment