Thursday, January 13, 2011

Home for the Holidays

I promised pictures of Christmas at Grandma and Grandpa's and - late as always - here they are. I'm nothing if not consistent.


I love Christmas in Iowa. Ava getting loved on by family and playing with her cousins, while Pat's famous Christmas cookies bake temptingly in the background. The sea of presents covering the living room, making you wonder how in the world you're ever going to get your family's share home. It reminds of when I was a kid, and I'm so thrilled that Ava will grow up with this to look forward to.

Ava baked with Grandma, cuddled with Grandpa (and Aunt Kristen, and Aunt Lisa...), opened a million fabulous gifts (OMG, a doll house, AND an American Girl doll?!?! Heaven!), and rocked the fab matching jammies Aunt Kristen bought for all the kiddos. We even managed to get all the grandkids to a portrait studio for pictures. (Which, by the way, was the funniest thing I've ever seen. Every time we'd get one kid sitting still and smiling, the other three would take off running in opposite directions. We had 7 adults running interference and still had a hard time catching them. Good times.)


And now I'm craving those cookies.
Thanks for a great time, everyone! Can't wait til next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment