Thursday, February 24, 2011

"Tumble Tots" Rocks!

Ava and Ollie started tumbling class today, and what a fabulous room full of adorable chaos it was.  Ava was in heaven from the second she toddled through the door; she was almost impossible to keep up with the entire 45 minutes we were there.  She spent the first 5 minutes pushing these giant balls around the room.  I have no idea why this was fun, but since I'm the kind of person that actually enjoys cleaning, I certainly have no room to judge.
  

(I thought she was going to rumble with that kid that came out of nowhere and hit her with the lawnmower.) 

The kiddos were all 3 yrs and under, so the teacher was kind enough to tell all the parents that it was ok if your kid ran amok like an wild animal during the structured parts of class.  (Ok, so I might be paraphrasing a little.)  I was grateful for that concession, because this was my little darling during "circle time". 


Fortunately for our rebel-baby, most of the class was free time, allowing the kids to climb, play, and explore without any of us pesky grown-ups getting in the way.


The class wrapped up with a little parachute time (it's not a metaphor; there actually was a parachute) and some songs.


 It was the kind of morning that makes everybody smile.  Hope you had one of those this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment