Wednesday, June 26, 2013

"Ok, guys, want to learn about instruments?"

Thus began our first music lesson.  Ava in the teacher's seat; Andy and I the dutiful students. 

If you've ever met my child, you know that she's a take-charge kind of kid.  And lately this often takes the form of teaching.  She offers instruction to her dolls, her sister, and - of course- us.  Lessons are taught patiently but firmly, and her pupils are always rewarded with praise and positive reinforcement.


Andy waiting patiently for his next set of instructions.

Hair flyin' cuz she's jammin'.
This was followed up with an impromptu hokey pokey.  Coolest. Teacher. Ever.



********************************************

Lila is finally on the move!  People are always telling me to enjoy my baby while she's still stationary, but both my girls took their sweet time to start crawling.  So by the time Lila finally took those first tentative little scoots forward, all I wanted to do was celebrate with her.  Freedom was hers!  If she wanted a snuggle - and she often does - she could take matters into her own chubby little hands.  Awesome, right?  And then she headed right for the nearest electrical outlet.  Next she found the first dirty shoe she saw and tried to eat it.  After that it was time to pull all the books down onto her head.  Suddenly my lovely home was transformed into a death-trap.  Don't get me wrong, I'm still really excited for her newfound independence, but we have some major baby-proofing to get to.

At least at the pool we can usually keep her trapped in this floaty thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment