Thursday, June 27, 2013

Concert in the Park

We keep our kids pretty busy.  But every once in a while, when we're out as a family, I stop and think to myself, "now these are the kinds of things I want them to remember."  This was one of those nights.  All of us at the park, listening to a not-so-great band playing 30 year old rock tunes to a few hundred people, most of whom were just happy to be outside enjoying some incredible weather.  The 4 of us crammed onto the one little picnic blanket I keep in my car, but nobody really minds because being that close to each other actually feels pretty good.


Clapping along, dressed in pajamas because tonight we're definitely going to be out past bedtime.

 

Doing silly tricks...


Enjoying special treats...

 
Dancing with Dad...
 

An evening like this is really nothing special in comparison to, say, a trip to Hawaii, but these are the experiences that make childhood happy.  Tonight my family was happy.  And I love that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment